Keeping a sturdy and well-maintained commercial roof is a year-round priority. You’ll want to take proactive measures that not only protect the system from severe damage, but ensure its longer lasting performance, as well. Having an excellent commercial roof inspection and maintenance program in place is a good start. Here’s why.
- Prevents serious roofing problems from happening: Because of its exposure to weather, your commercial roof takes some amount of wear and tear every day. This isn’t something you should be worried about – unless the weather in question refers to a severe storm. Strong winds, hailstorms and heavy rainfall can cause damage to your system in varying ways, fast-tracking its deterioration. Signing up for a commercial roof inspection and maintenance plan will help ensure that any damage taken by your commercial roof is spotted and resolved quickly.
- Lightens your budget: Punctures, tears, cracks and dents on your commercial roof will require a prompt fix, which costs money. And, the more serious the damage, the more it puts strain on your budget. This will no longer be much of a problem when you have a good roof inspection and maintenance plan in place. This helps catch the damage early, so any repairs your commercial roof may need will often be fast and minimal, helping you save money.
- Avoid premature roof replacement: About 80% of roofing systems are actually replaced early due to a number of factors – with poor maintenance being one of them. A commercial roof is a huge investment. You don’t want to plan a replacement when the current has only been recently replaced. You should consider getting a good inspection and maintenance plan for this reason. It allows you to stay ahead of any problems your commercial roof may have. Since the plan helps keep your roof stay in tip-top shape, you can ensure your commercial roof can provide decades of excellent weather performance.
What Should You Look for in a Commercial Roof Maintenance Plan?
Signing up for a commercial roof inspection and maintenance plan is the first vital step to keeping a tougher and longer lasting roof. But it pays to look closer at the finer details. What things should be included in a good roof maintenance plan, for example? The most basic plans generally come with an annual roof inspection and some minor cleaning and repairs, along with an inspection report. There are local roofing companies comprehensive programs that have bonuses, including:
- Thorough roof inspections performed two or four times a year
- Personalized service that better suits your commercial roofing needs
- Priority checkups and emergency roofing services following a major weather event
- Roof cleanup and debris removal that keeps drainage areas clog-free
- Inspection and sealing of flashing areas to prevent water infiltration
- Detailed and precise report after every roof inspection and maintenance
- Before-and-after photo documentation, which can be especially handy when filing roof insurance claims
Hiring the Right Commercial Roofer
Here’s the good news: finding the perfect commercial roofing company to handle your inspection and maintenance needs is much simpler than you may expect. You just need to look for the necessary qualifications and ask important questions. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask family and friends for recommendations. It’s a bit old-school, sure, but referrals offer an easy and effective way of narrowing down your choice of commercial roofers. Questions on whether a given roofing new construction company is professional, does good work or is easy to work with can be quickly answered by a referral. It also helps cut down the amount of time you need to spend browsing hundreds of names on Google.
- Look for a roofer online. On the off chance that you haven’t gotten any referrals, then looking for one online is the way to go. For many roofers, online visibility is where it’s at, and their website will usually has most of the necessary information neatly laid out. Check what services they offer, where they are located and what brands they represent. You should be especially keen on checking out their Reviews page.
- Go local. Proximity is crucial when it comes to hiring a commercial roofer for your inspection and maintenance needs. That’s why you should always hire local. A local company will provide prompt response and service, and, if you have concerns about the roofing work, the company will be easy to find.
- Ask the right questions. Once you find a roofer that seems like a good choice, set up a virtual meetup. An interview will give you a “feel” of how a particular roofing company does business and behaves with their clients. Don’t forget to ask these questions:
Do you have the necessary credentials? Make sure the selected companies are fully licensed, bonded and insured. Not only that, they should have workers’ compensation and liability coverage for your protection. Ritco Group has all these qualifications that make us eligible to perform commercial roofing and new construction work in Middle Tennessee. We are also certified by some of the industry’s most trusted names, including GAF, GenFlex® and Firestone®. You know that you’re always covered when you choose us for your needs.
Can you provide a list of references? A reliable roofer will have no issues giving you an updated list of references; you only need to ask. For example, you can check our Reviews page to see how we’ve exceeded the expectations of our pleased customers. Our customer-centric approach is one of the reasons we are 5-star rated and maintain an A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
How long have you been in business? Commercial roof inspection and maintenance should be done properly – and this is something you can expect from Ritco Group. We have served homeowners and property managers in the Columbia, TN, area since 1970. We offer superior workmanship backed by over 50 years of experience.
Schedule Your Roofing Quote Now
Ritco Group is one of the area’s most trusted local roofing companies – and with good reason! We have always been committed to providing the highest quality roofing services, both residential and commercial. In fact, when you choose us for your project, you know it will be done right the first time. We proudly serve Columbia, Brentwood, Franklin and other areas in Middle Tennessee. You can easily reach us by calling (931) 381-0175 or filling out this convenient form. We’d love to hear from you!